OklahomaSolo is meant to be a documentary of the opening of an Oklahoma Solo law firm. It is meant to satisfy the voyeristic, solicit advice, serve as a model for those who wish to do the same.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

High Hopes...

This blog has at least two purposes. The lesser of these is to be a sounding board for me. But the higher purpose of OklahomaSolo is to serve as a forum where you (and I) can get and share information/tips/advice about how to start a practice. I am a 29 year old law student who only desires to return to his hometown (Stillwater) and start a law practice serving the needs of my community. I am anxious. I am unsure. There are things I can know: I can know how much a copier lease is (or if I even need one). I know how much my rent will be for the office space I have selected. I know how yellow page ads cost in Stillwater and when to buy them. Then, there are the unknowables. Will I EVER have a client? Will I secure a bank loan? How many hours can I actually expect to bill those first few months? The unknowns frighten me. Today is the first day that OklahomaSolo is in existence. Today I have emailed many in hopes of raising awareness of this forum. So please....COMMENT on this blog. Give links to your favorite sites. Link this blog to yours. The collective sharing of information and support is the only way to make starting one's own practice seem sane. My highest hope is that during this year before my practice opens, enough information will be placed on this site to allow subsequent people who aspire to open their own practice to have a cobbled road on which to walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Website Counter