OklahomaSolo is meant to be a documentary of the opening of an Oklahoma Solo law firm. It is meant to satisfy the voyeristic, solicit advice, serve as a model for those who wish to do the same.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

UNVEILING!


Ok everyone. I have had a TON of emails wanting to see my business plan...so I'm gonna show it to you. There are 7 parts; you get 4:
But before I show you I have a comment. Your critiques are encouraged I'm glad to have all the advice I can read. So please feel free to rip it up...this is my first draft of a business plan so let's improve it together. Last note (the projected revenue on the pro forma is of course ---speculation, but I believe it is informed speculation. Based on my data my numbers are conservative to medium. Also, Special thanks to the MANY attorneys who gave me thier imput on this. OK here goes. Just click the links to view my uploaded Business plan.
Part 1: NARRATIVE
Part 2: Pro Forma (w/office) OR Pro Forma (home office)
Part 3: START UP COSTS (actual startup costs from actual quotes! -- this sheet is what the $7000.00 office supplies are in month 1.
Part 4: RESUME
Part 5: Personal finances (Sorry, not posting that)
Part 6: Misc (this is also not posted but is listed in the narrative:) Lease Agreements/ PLLC
incorporation/ Actual quotes from various vendors/ et.al.
Part 7: Projected Balance Sheet: Not posting this either. It is basically a breakdown of
assets/cash/liabilities/depreciations/etc...(not finished..and officially on hold until after
finals!)

3 Comments:

Blogger projectsolo said...

Hi Luke,

I took a quick look at your start-up costs, it looks quite comprehensive. Here are a few random items you may have included in miscellaneous costs:

+ malpractice insurance
+ telephone installation (Verizon clipped me for $100 to install the phone line); although you may be using your cell phone
+ office rent security deposit
+ You may want to spend more on your chair; I splurged and bought a used high end chair on craigs list for about 50% off the new price
+ Web site building
+ Specialized bar association membership (for example, the national academy of eldercare law attorneys costs close to $500 to join the national and local chapters; I am told that the local chapter is very useful)
+ Bookcases
+ Printer USB cables (often not included)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:16:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Luke - you've done a lot of work! Looks good. You may want to explore a couple of things.

One - I'm an old hand at offices, and can vouch for one thing - equipment breaks. Nothing more so than a printer/copier. You may want to explore a service plan - if you go down the day before a filing deadline, it will cost you time and money (and blood pressure points) to work around.

Two: as a government attorney, I can vouch for another thing - the power of the competitive quote! Seek out a few written quotes on your highend items, as well as stock items you'll buy frequently. Let the vendor know you're doing this. Often this will save you up to ten percent or more. It all adds up!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:40:00 PM

 
Blogger Luke Anthony said...

ProjectSolo & BasquetteCase, Thank you both for your comments very good for me and OklahomaSolo readers--THANKS!
MoralTurpitude, Actually I'm still debating the whole home vs. Office thing. I'm in kind of a unique situation and I promise to address my particular predicament soon (with pictures). Thanks and good luck to you!

Monday, April 24, 2006 5:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Website Counter