OklahomaSolo is meant to be a documentary of the opening of an Oklahoma Solo law firm. It is meant to satisfy the voyeristic, solicit advice, serve as a model for those who wish to do the same.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cheep Cheep.


I'm cheap. I'm frugal. I think that paying retail for anything is self-treason. So I bought these 4 office chairs for $35 bucks --total. I got them from a couple of Irish exchange students leaving the country. I like the style (Belle is vying for a mod look to match the office). The fabric looks ok. Belle will likely restain espresso and put Orange fabric on (remember we are in OSU - Cowboy land). So the money saving tip o' the week is this: check the local postings at nearby campuses. As the students leave, they dump a phenomonal amount of office chairs/desks/computers/printers/etc. So get yours...!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky McCray said...

That's a pretty sharp idea!

I'm enjoying following your business epic. Keep up the good posts!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Billy Merck said...

Yeah, new is definitely NOT the way to go. I have the good fortune of having a lawyer friend who's getting out of the business and therefore has a load of stuff to sell me for my new office on the cheap. Moving students are definitely a great source of cheap furniture also, as I have personally experienced from both ends of the transaction.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:03:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the brown/orange combo will look AWESOME!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 1:04:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Website Counter