OklahomaSolo is meant to be a documentary of the opening of an Oklahoma Solo law firm. It is meant to satisfy the voyeristic, solicit advice, serve as a model for those who wish to do the same.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Announcing the Announcments that are to be Announced!


Yep...IT'S A GIRL!!!

Due date is December 24th. Nice timing, I know. Oh well...at least we won't be expected to drive all over tarnation to see the family this year.


Belle, Lola, and I could not be more excited. This baby will come 2 weeks after graduation and two months before I take the bar. That is scary, but I'm sure it will be fine.

The house is still in progress. We remain in a temporary house because after 4 weeks of cleaning, bug spraying (6 times), fumigating, and painting our house is still uninhabitable. I'm expecting us to move in in 1-3 weeks depending on how fast we can get it in shape. (Keep your fingers crossed!)

Also, the D.A.'s office has agreed to keep me on throughout the fall which is exciting. I still am loving the work, and learing every day.

My creeping fear is that I have no experience in anything other than criminal law, but I've decided to bide my time and keep learning how to do criminal law for the time being and to let the other areas solve themselves at a later date. I still feel so lucky to be here.

I spent this morning, as every morning, screening cases. The police reports and affadavits come in to the case managers and I decide whether or not to prosecute. If so, the charges are made and are sent to the Clerk's office. Then we go to court where I serve the defendants with the charges and the process begins from there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! It sounds like everything is falling into place nicely :) Hopefully the house will soon as well - I've heard so many homeowner horror stories lately, must be "bad home season" or something like that. It's great that you'll get to stay on with the D.A., the more experience the better, whatever the kind!!!

Sunday, July 30, 2006 2:00:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - you won't be expected to drive all over tarnation but boy howdy will tarnation come to YOU! (Speaking from experience - make them bring pizza coupons or gas cards.)

Houses take work but the work makes them more "home" - the process of it all seems to bring us closer to seeing it as a refuge, somehow. It will all come together!

Good luck w/ the DA and the future plans. I'm sure you'll do well.

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:34:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's really exciting for you guys. Good luck with all of the house prep and the job. I'll see you at school in a couple of weeks.

Monday, July 31, 2006 5:30:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter
Free Website Counter